CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Games and Gaming #38: Console Gaming

The "nostalgic" game site was great. Pacman was one of the first video games that I played. I don't think I had an advantage over anyone who had not played the game before other than already knowing the rules and concepts.

I have played games on Microsoft Xbox 360 and the Sony PlayStation 3. I have not played on the Nintendo Wii. The two systems that I have played on are very similar and both are a lot of fun.

I believe the Microsoft Xbox 360 would be best for library purposes because you do not need the added feature of a Blu-ray DVD player that the Sony PlayStation 3 offers. If games and gaming is the catalysis to get teens and young adults in the library, than I believe the library should emphasis that. It does not matter what gets them there, the point is to just get them in the library, then introduced them to other things the library offers. Show them gaming magazines, books about the concepts behind the game designs, show them your collection of the latest movies that are available, or show them your book selection for young adults. The sky is the limit to what can be introduced to them once you have them there.






No comments: