CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Games and Gaming #37: Get Your Game On @ The LIbrary



I found the article "The Shifted Librarian" very interesting. Offering a Game Night at the library for a select age group with parent permission was a very innovative way to get teens in the library.

I played both games offered by Carnegie Mellon University Libraries website. "I'll Get It" was a little confusing. Although I provided the patron with the correct information, it was never in the form they wanted and I did not know how to get the right format for them. "Within Range" was a lot easier, but very boring.

I think games have a place in the library because they are very popular among young adults. By offering games at the library these teens can be introduced to other aspects of the library. Books about the various games and gaming magazines can be pointed out to them. I also believe that at some point in the near future, the library will be providing video and computer games for patrons to check out. Games will evolve the same way DVD's have.

No comments: